Remote Saxophone Recording
What is remote saxophone recording and how does it work? It is simple. You have a piece of music and would like to add saxophone or a horn section to it. Instead of booking a studio and recording engineer, simply send me the backing track with instructions. I will record it in my home studio and send you back high quality audio stems.
Simple, fast and cost efficient. Have other questions? For more info, click => HERE
So far, I have recorded on over 500 different projects in a wide variety of styles. Please feel free to listen to the audio samples in the demo reels below, or scroll down for style specific examples
Demo Reel - Hooks/Lines/Fills/Melodies
Demo Reel - Solos
Great communication and knew exactly what I was looking for. Provided different takes to choose from which were all fantastic! Marty Jurek (Producer, USA)
Absolutely Amazing Job!!
I recommend to anyone looking
for quality Sax recordings! He
took the track to another level!
Nathan Passos (USA)
WOW!!!! That was simply the most bang for the buck I've ever gotten on any purchase I've ever made. A true pro. I couldn't be more satisfied.
Jack Baca (Voice actor, USA)
Incredible work & professional musician. I would work with him again. Awesome sax! Thank you
again for your exceptional work.
Erick Bimont, Drummer (France)
I felt Like he really took the time and really understood what I wanted and needed. Great purchase.
Gary Moore (Composer, Israel)
Omg..... this guy.... he's a wizard!
Will 100000% be back for more.
Kapri (Producer, Canada)
One of the best saxophone players
I have ever had the pleasure to work with. Simply extraordinary!
Highway Superstar (Producer, Israel)
DEMO EXAMPLES BY STYLE
R & B/Hip Hop
Rock/Rock n Roll/Country
Disclaimer: The above examples are mostly rough/working mixes. All samples are for demonstration purposes only and no commercial use intended.
The rights to the masters belong to the respective composers/producers. Unauthorized duplication or distribution is not allowed.
How it works:
1) Getting Started: Please email your backing track in MP3 format. If you would like to send a WAVE file, please use a service like dropbox, wetransfer or similar. Please provide clear instructions and any useful info you may have regarding the project:
Which saxophones (or horn section) would you like to be used?
What do you need to be recorded - fills, melody, solo, something else?
What style or direction do you have in mind and/or do you have any specific references?
Would you like me to come up with my own ideas, or do you have specific parts you would like to be played?
What is the tempo of the track (BPM)?
Any other information you feel would be useful.
2) If you would like me to come up with my own ideas, all I need is a general stylistic reference and the tempo of the song.
In most cases, there is no need to provide lead sheets or chord changes. I have good ears ;)
If you would like to have specific parts played, please provide either a reference recording of the part (vocals, piano...etc), a midi file or a notated sheet of music.
3) Upon completion of the recording, I can send you a reference MP3 file of your track with the sax parts added. If everything is to your satisfaction, I will send the individual stems in a high quality audio format of your choosing, ready to be used/mixed in your project. There is one free revision included in the deal. Quick note: 99% of my orders never require a revision.
4) Payment: 50% payment is due upfront to begin the order. Once you are satisfied with the end result and approve the recording, the remaining 50% is due upon completion of the project. Payment can be done by bank transfer or paypal in the EU or through Paypal (only) outside of EU. Invoice is available upon request.
5) Money back guarantee: if for whichever reason, you are not satisfied with the recordings, I will refund the 50% advance and of course, there is no need to pay the 2nd half. That said, once the tracks are approved by you, no refunds can be made.
6) Rights and Royalties: For the most part, I do not require any rights or royalties. In other words: a "work for hire" agreement.
Once you transfer the fee for the job, the recording can be used freely, in any way you chose and your financial obligation towards me ends there. That said, in some cases, such as when my contribution to the track goes beyond a simple saxophone recording (e.g - composing, arranging), we may need to negotiate a percentage split.
7) Credit: For the most part, I would like to be credited on any music that features my work. That said, please get in touch before you do so or in case you don't want the credit to appear on your track.
8) Rates: Depends on the project. Mostly, I charge per minute of music (saxophone recorded) - for example, short projects that require a single solo or a hook. This is a very cost efficient model since you do not need to pay hourly. There is no need to charge you for 2 hours (the usual studio minimum time slot), If I can get the job done in less time. A minimum order of at least 60 sec applies. Please get in touch and we can find the optimal deal that works best for the project.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Do you use professional equipment to record the saxophone?
A: Of course! I am using professional studio microphones and the recording will be in HQ audio format with minimal room ambience (dry sound).
Q: My track is 5 min, but I only need a short order. Do I need to pay for 5 min?
A: No, you don't. The price is for ACTUAL playing time. So if your track is 5 min, but the total saxophone playing time is less, you will only pay for the actual playing time. That said, I charge per minute so anything under 60 sec will still count as 1 min.
Q: I only need a short 15 sec loop, do I still need to pay the full price?
A: As mentioned above, there is a minimum order price for any orders UP TO 60 sec of music. Which means that the same price applies to 15 sec. THAT SAID, if the budget is really tight, please get in touch with me and we may be able to work something out.
Q: Can you send me a demo sample before I order?
A: Unfortunately, I can not provide free samples upfront, but I will gladly offer a revision if you are not satisfied with the end result. That said, it is extremely rare that I am asked to do revisions.
Q: What is the Audio format of the recorded files?
A: I deliver high quality WAV files. Usually 44.1 khz/16 bit, which is a standard CD quality. If you prefer any other formats
(e.g - mp3, AIFF) or settings (e.g - 48 khz, 24 bit) - no problem. Just let me know when you order.
Haven't seen the answer you were looking for or would like to find out more? Please feel free to get in touch.